Proposal Weekend Details

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Let me start out by saying, I am so thankful for all the comments and congratulations yesterday! You guys are all so nice and I am so excited to tell you all about it!

All last week I though Mitchell and I had plans to go to Half Moon Bay to meet some friends. (I even mentioned it here!) Mitchell had told me the week before his friend had won two rooms at an okay hotel by the beach and they invited us to stay in their extra room.When Mitchell first told me about the free rooms I thought, that's sort of weird... but I have never worked for a big company so I really have no idea the type of things they give away!

All week I kept asking Mitchell where we were staying and what we were doing all weekend and he kept putting me off saying he needed to talk to Joe, he didn't remember the name of the hotel, things like that. It sounds totally suspicious now but I didn't suspect anything so it never crossed my mind not to believe it!

On the way to Half Moon Bay, Joe called three times along the way, claiming he was leaving soon and wondering if we wanted to meet at the Ritz Carlton for drinks when they got there. He called again in a few minutes and said they were stuck in traffic and he would meet us at the hotel. We pulled in and this hotel is ultra fancy you guys, over the top. We decided to kill some time by walking by the beach and taking some pictures. (I thought this was my idea but I guess not...)

Here are some pictures I took before the big moment, isn't this hotel gorgeous?



We kept walking along the cliff above the beach and Mitchell convinced me to walk out to the edge. He told me our friends weren't coming and he weren't staying at a random inland hotel, we were staying at the Ritz and then he got on his knee and asked me to marry him! I cried and eventually managed to say yes. 

Right after, I called my mom but I was crying so much she thought we got in a car crash before I calmed down and told her the good news!



For the next hour we stood out on the beach calling all our family and friends and feeling totally unreal. We finally went back inside and up to our room which was amazing! They had champagne on ice, chocolate covered strawberries, and rose petals everywhere, it was a dream!






That night went went to an incredible dinner at the seafood restaurant downstairs and neither of us could stop smiling, it was such a happy day. The next morning we went downstairs again for breakfast and spend the morning relaxing and taking loads of iphone photos










Overall it was the best weekends I could have imagined and such an amazing way to propose! I am seriously on cloud 9 every time I remember that we are getting married! I will put pictures of the ring up soon too, it is gorgeous!


P.S. in case you missed it, I was honored to be Christianna's interview for this week in her, Any Friend of Mine, series! Check me out here!

25 comments:

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

What an amazing hotel! That is such a romantic story, and such a romantic location. I want to shake his hand. lol.

sarahbear said...

What a dream proposal! I am so excited for you two and can't wait for you to start your wedding planning!! :) Congrats again, Julie!

I Dream Of said...

How romantic. The perfect setting for such an amazing moment. Congratulations!
Jeanne

a_jorgenson said...

Awwww how sweet! You both look so happy!!

<3
aj

Saying I do said...

Hi from Life of Meg! Congratulations that's such a beautiful proposal story! I'm getting married in exactly one month and 2 days!! I've loved blogging about my journey since getting engaged...enjoy every minute of it!

natasha {schue love} said...

Wow...Half Moon Bay looks beyond romantic! My husband and I spent our one year anniversary in Bodega Bay and I thought that Half Moon looked amazing! Such a sweet story...so happy for you! :)

rivercat said...

very romantic. wow, what a placeand yes you bith look wonderful<3

Laura *You Stir Me* said...

aaa, I'm tearing up! The moments after the proposal are some of the best, aren't they?!!! You've bagged such a cutie - you two are adorable together. Congrats again and take some time to bask in all this excitement!!!!

Leslie said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! It sounds like such a sweet proposal and a fabulous weekend. :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

what a wonderful story! its SO great that you were suprised :) its such a lovely time. savor it lady! cant wait to hear all about the wedding planning!! xoxo jcd

Amber said...

awww how sweet. I love how you thought a walk on the beach was your idea :)

Unknown said...

Holy moly, that's so romantic! I'm so happy for you!

Just Jinny said...

Look at that room...good thing you said yes. That would have been awkward. lol..I kid. That sounds like a GREAT proposal. Super sweet!

Tash said...

You guys are such a cute couple!! Congrats again, what a beautiful proposal!
xo

Alicia xoxxo said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!! What a wonderful proposal!!!!!!!

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie said...

Congratulations!! What a prefect proposal - so excited for you to have that memory. :)

A Crimson Kiss said...

What a perfect proposal, and a such a sweetheart for pulling off a big bait 'n' switch!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

How amaaazing!! What a great way to get engaged! And at such a BEAUTIFUL place!! Congrats again!! Can't wait to see the ring! ;)

ilovecake! said...

SO MUCH LOVE!

Sarah said...

Sooooo romantic!!!! Tell your fiance good job!

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

Meagan @ Style-Edition said...

Congratulations! This is such a cute story! I just stumbled upon your blog and I saw that photo of the Ritz (i've been wanting to go to the big fancy brunch they have there on the weekend) Thanks for sharing!

Jenny N said...

aw, congrats on your engagement! How wonderful!

Alyssa said...

Your engagement story is beautiful. I saw your ring in an earlier post and it is absolutely exquisite. Every thing about your engagement sounds absolutely wonderful. :)

chrissy said...

Congrats!!!!

Sar said...

Stopping by for Comment Love Sunday and saw this! Congratulations (albeit almost four months too late)! Love it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely thoughts, I appreciate them all!