I love parties. I love planning for parties, making decorations, choosing food to eat and drinks to drink. But sometimes, instant parties, parties where you find out an hour before that family or friends are coming over and you haven't planned a thing end up being the very best. My apartment is in a great location, really close to downtown Campbell and tons of fun places so I get a lot of calls that start with, "Hey, we are in Campbell, can we stop by?" I love times like this, they end up being the best nights and I never turn them down!
Last time I had people come over I was scrambling to find drinks for people, and snacks to serve. The next day I made a list of all the things a girl should have to throw an impromptu party
- A Bottle of Champagne - some people would argue wine should be in this spot and that's good to have too, but champagne is a party starter! Try serving champagne and not having fun.
- A Pretty Pack of Napkins - Whenever I see a pack of cocktail napkins I love at a party or home store I always grab them and save them for a party. Nothing says, I am totally into this party more than a great pack of napkins!
- Ice Bucket and Glasses- Everyone loves a pretty ice bucket full of drinks
- Candles - These are a lifesaver because most of the time my apartment is a mess so I throw all the clothes lying on the floor in the closet, light some candles, and hope no one notices
- Snacks - I always try to keep snacks like cheese, crackers, olives and some cute serving plates or dishes around so I can easily set out a put-together looking plate of snacks
Anything else you like to have on hand for an quick party or get together?