Tukey Outfit Inspiration :: Drew :: Coral Cafe

Monday, June 27, 2011

One of my sweetest blogging friends, Drew, from Coral Cafe has generously offered to make me not one, but two, dream outfits for my travel destinations, Turkey and Greece. Today's outfit is for a perfect day in Turkey and after you are done drooling over it, go check out Drew's blog here. She is has some amazing design inspiration and you will totally fall in love with her, I promise!


Hi there! It's Drew from Coral Cafe,  having the nice pleasure to be over here to share a bit with you, while Julie has been whisked away to the beautiful lands of Turkey and Greece. Since Julie is going to be touring around Turkey enjoying the sites, taking in the culture and admiring the ancient ruins and architectural heritage, I wanted to put together an outfit that resembles somewhat of Turkey's fashion, with a little twist from American fashion, because of course she is a lovely tourist and can do just that.


Turkey is known for their abundant source of leather, so I had no problem choosing this beautiful gray leather skirt and leather sandals, with a touch of bling. Around the turkish region, many embrace silk and it is made into dresses and scarves. The scarf I chose matches nicely with the gold toned embellishments on your red and white racerback tank. Of course, if you ask anybody, Turkey is most famous for their handmade carpets and kilims. In fact, it's hard to go anywhere around the city without being stopped or summoned to check out the finest kilims in town and being impulsed to purchase one! This handbag will definitely stand out with its carpet-like fabric and you can even convince the sellers of it's fine quality and detail ;) Of course authentic jewelry can be found on many streets of Turkey and I have chose just a few to finish off your casual and inspiring Turkey look.

Thanks for letting me stop by and stay tuned for a look that will have Julie set for Greece!



sources* 1234,,5678

10 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

love this outfit! the scarf and sandals are really cute! xoxo jillian:: stop by! i'm hosting a jewelry giveaway

natasha {schue love} said...

Super cute outfit and perfect for walking around and taking in the sights! :)

Sarah said...

Those shoes are super super cute =)

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Dana Gastelum said...

Love this outfit! Great job Drew! Have fun Julie :)

Haley said...

love the turquoise. wish I was in Turkey! hope you are having fun julie :)

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I love all the reasoning behind your picks! Not only did you create a fab outfit, I learned some new things about Turkey...win/win! (c:

stephanie [the merry way] said...

lovely! Drooling over the skirt and sandals - I have heard absolutely amazing things about Turkey - hope to go there one day, preferably wearing this exact outfit :)

Rebecca said...

Love what you put together here, Drew! Especially those GLITTER sandals!!!

Unknown said...

Great outfit, Drew! I was going to call out something I loved the most...but I love it all!!! xoxoxo brynn

Anonymous said...

All great things Drew, it looks like we are all travelling a bit.........but if there is one piece I would love to have it's the handbag, so colourful and lovely.

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely thoughts, I appreciate them all!